I’ve been working as a professional software developer since 1989 and a Perl specialist since 1998. I live in Vienna, Austria, but am interested in remote work as well. Here is an overview of services for your projects:
- Server-side: Perl, Catalyst, DBIx::Class, Moose, PSGI
- Social network mining
- Web Automation: spiders, bots
- APIs: creating a custom API for your data
- Data conversion: converting between file formats; parsing
- Data aggregation: custom RSS newsfeeds
- Software architecture: object-oriented design, plugin-based architecture etc.
- Mentoring: for example, pair programming
- Code review
- Refactoring of existing Perl software
- Performance tuning
- Regression tests: construction of a test framework
- CPAN customizations: adaptation and custom development of CPAN modules
- Iterative development: Relatively short iterations; the client is allowed to change his mind.
- Hourly rate: When using iterative development, an hourly rate works best.
- Fairness: I will learn new, general-purpose techniques on my time. I will, however, bill the client for learning things specific to his business. Bug-fixing is also chargeable – every software contains bugs, and I develop to the best of my ability, but there is no cutoff point beyond which I can offer unlimited support. I won’t charge for every small thing, of course – common sense applies.